Huge words, similar acronyms, and hundreds of conflicting articles are everywhere across the Internet. CBD, CBN, CBG, ECS — it’s no wonder people get confused about CBD! Don’t stress.
We won’t talk down to you with big, confusing science terms: we’ll lay it out straight so anyone can understand and benefit from this amazing natural supplement.
That’s why we made the Tauri Knowledge Center. Here, we plan on dispelling myths, giving you the right facts, and helping you understand the science behind the substance. The more you know about CBD and the endocannabinoid system, the better you’ll be able to understand and enjoy your supplements.
Let’s start with the basics: what are cannabinoids and what is the endocannabinoid system?
All About CBD: What Are Cannabinoids, Anyways?
Hundreds of powerful compounds are found in the cannabis plant. These compounds are called cannabinoids, and they interact with the human body’s endocannabinoid system. There are hundreds of other cannabinoids, including the popular CBD, or cannabidiol, and CBG, or cannabigerol.
On average, there are roughly one hundred cannabinoids found in cannabis. CBD and CBG are by far two of the most well-researched. Cannabinoids have an enormous amount of uses for overall wellness, sleep, pain management, and more, which we’ll cover below. CBD even has an FDA-approved usage in a drug used to treat certain kinds of seizures!
Many people believe that cannabinoids work best when they’re taken together. Many stand by the phenomenon known as the entourage effect, in which all elements of the hemp plant boost each other’s effects for the most possible benefits. We encourage you to learn as much as possible about CBD and cannabis and try different varieties for yourself to see what best works for your needs.
The cannabis species contains two major subspecies: marijuana and hemp. Hemp was recently re-legalized for commercial use in the United States in 2018, which meant that cannabinoids excepting THC were also effectively legalized. That’s why the popularity of these natural compounds has skyrocketed in recent years!
Don’t Worry About Side Effects
One of the best parts about CBD and other non-psychoactive cannabinoids is that you have virtually no risk of side effects. So long as your CBD products have been lab tested for purity and quality, you can rest easy knowing that our supplement is all-natural and risk-free.
Also, many, if not most, CBD and CBG products are THC-free and drug test-safe. If you have a job or live in a place in which THC is illegal, you don’t have to worry about failing your drug test if you look for THC-free products. You will also experience no psychoactive effects if you use a THC-free product!
What is the Endocannabinoid System?
Every human body contains a system of neurotransmitters that send messages throughout the central and peripheral nervous system. This system is known as the endocannabinoid system, or ECS.
The ECS regulates many of your body’s normal functions and rhythms, including:
- Pain sensations
- Fertility cycles
Cannabinoids interact with the ECS in order to manage these rhythms and bring them back into homeostasis. By supplementing with cannabinoids, you can balance your system and regulate these essential functions. Like cannabinoids, we’re still learning about the ECS, but with the expanding legalization and popularity of hemp, the future looks promising.
Fun fact: The endocannabinoid system was named after cannabis, not the other way around!
How Can CBG & CBD Help Me?
Research is coming out about CBD and CBG all the time that shows how cannabinoids can benefit your lifestyle. Because the ECS regulates so many aspects of your life, you can supplement with cannabinoids for a wide variety of wellness factors.
We don’t recommend CBD or CBG as an alternative to medication, rather, we believe this natural supplement can support your daily lifestyle and help you take care of yourself, naturally. Here are just some of the major benefits that people love using hemp extracts for.
- Relieves aches. Many people use CBD and CBG to manage the sensation of pain and discomfort. Cannabinoids can inhibit uncomfortable sensations, relieving your body and mind. CBD has also been shown to promote cell recovery, making it a popular choice for alleviating muscle aches and workout recovery for athletes.
- Relieves stress. Cannabinoids have been shown to relieve the sensations of stress and discomfort that are regulated by the endocannabinoid system. Unlike THC, which can worsen stress and potentially cause paranoia, CBD and CBG help to bring about a sensation of peace and calm by balancing your ECS.
- Helps you sleep. Perhaps CBD and CBG’s best-known benefits relate to sleep. Cannabinoids help regulate your circadian rhythms, which dictate when your body feels tired. As we mentioned, they help give you a sense of calm and peace, which also helps with restful sleep.
- Helps counter inflammation. People who suffer constant discomfort from arthritis or other chronic inflammation symptoms often want to learn more about CBD for all-natural relief they can take on a daily basis. CBD and CBG have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, and they can aid your inflamed joints and other similar sensations.
- Offers neuroprotection. Cannabinoids have been shown to promote long-term cell protection and brain function. If you take cannabinoids regularly, you can positively affect your overall mental health.
- Can stimulate your appetite. CBG and THC are much better known for stimulating your appetite than CBD. Ever heard of the “munchies”? Some cannabinoids can make you hungry, which is great if you’re trying to gain weight and/or eat at regular times.
We highly recommend trying CBD and CBG for yourself to see how they can benefit your everyday life. Try one of Tauri-Gum’s sample packs to find your favorite and start becoming One With Nature!
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are for informational purposes only. This information is not intended to diagnose or treat conditions, nor replace medical advice from your primary care provider.